Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Friday, September 27, 2019

Gift Card Set

Are you looking for the perfect handmade Holiday gift for your mother, your aunt, your neighbor?  Something to give to your holiday hostess?  Look no further, this adorable hand made card set is perfect and it even has the perfect gift box.  So lets take a look at how it is made...

First here are the five cards ...










































 



Begin by making card bases, cut Crumb Cake card stock to 8 ½ x 5 ½” and score at 4 ¼” (you will need five bases).

The first layer is made from card stock that is cut to 4 x 5 ¼” (this set was made with Rococco Rose, Seaside Spray, Terracotta Tile, Pretty Peacock and Purple Posy).  Note:  The scalloped oval layer for the sentiment is cut using the 3rd from the smallest scalloped oval from the Layering Ovals die set and is cut from the center of this layer (since this layer is going to be covered this is a great paper saving technique).

The top layer is created by cutting Very Vanilla card stock to 3 ¾ x 5” (you will need five of these layers).  Then using the Very Versailles stamp set stamp the script from the stamp set in second generation (that simply means you stamp off on scrap paper or grid paper before actually stamping you card stock) with Crumb Cake ink in the top right and bottom left of the layer.

Next you will stamp the vines from this same stamp set one on the top left and bottom right using the ink that coordinates with the color of the second layer you are working with at that time.  All five of these pieces are also sponged around the edges with Crumb Cake ink to give them that vintage feel.  Once this layer is complete add a piece of the ½” Linen Scalloped Ribbon in the coordinating color (the colors we are using are the five in colors for 2019 – 2021) across the center of the layer. 

Assemble all layers and stamp sentiments onto Very Vanilla card stock cut from the 3rd from the smallest oval from the Layering Ovals die set and stamped with Crumb Cake ink.  This is then d mounted onto the coordinating scalloped oval and adhere that the top of the card using dimensionals.  (I used 5 different sentiments on mine to give my set flexibility but you can use anything you like.)

The inside of the card is created with a piece of Very Vanilla card stock and is stamped with coordinating colors using another of the stamps from the Very Versailles stamp set.  (see photo below)



Now onto the gift box itself.  I just love how it turned out (of course you could make it any one of the 5 In Colors used on the cards themselves, I just chose the Seaside Spray)



This box starts an Acetate Card Box sold by Stampin’ Up that is perfect for a set of 5 (A-2 or 4 ¼ x 5 ½” cards and envelopes).  I started with a piece of Crumb Cake card stock that measured 3 x 11” which I ran through a paper crimper (Stampin’ Up does not sell this tool but I have had one for years don’t even know where I found it but you can find them on Amazon.  After I crimped the paper I wrapped it around the acetate box and used Tear & Tape to adhere it. 

Now for the decorations. 

I stamped one large and one medium daisy from the Daisy Lane stamp set onto Seaside Spray card stock using Seaside Spray in and punched them out using the coordinating punches.  While I had those punches out I also punched out one large and one medium daisy from the 2019 – 2021 In Color DSP (I chose to use the scripty one in Seaside Spray).  I used my bone folder and curled up the petals on all four of the daisies I had punched out.  Next I adhered them together by starting with the largest DSP then the largest stamped, now the medium DSP and finally the medium stamped daisy being sure to off set each row. 

For the foliage I punched out two leaves and two springs from Soft Seafoam card stock (I did use soft seafoam ink and inked the edges of these using a sponge dauber for dimension), I used the large stylus attachment on the Take Your Pick tool to shape my foliage before adding it to the box.

To assemble the box I wrapped it twice using Linen Thread and added a little tag (this stamp is retired but you could use anything you have or simply not add a tag) and tied a bow.  I adhered the flower first and then simply tucked the foliage in around it.  For the finishing touch I added one of the 2019 – 2021 In Color Faceted Dots (in Seaside Spray) to the center of my daisy.

I hope you enjoy this project.  As always all of the products used to make this set and many more are available on my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog.  I will list the supplies I used to create this below.

Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:

Card Stock:  Rococco Rose (150882), Seaside Spray (150883), Terracotta Tile (150884), Pretty Peacock (150880), Purple Posy (150881), Very Vanilla (101650), Crumb Cake (120953) and Soft Seafoam (146988)

DSP:  2019 – 2021 In Color DSP (149617)

Inks:  Rococco Rose (150080), Terracotta Tile (150086), Pretty Peacock (150083), Seaside Spray (150085), Purple Posy (150084), Crumb Cake (147116) and Soft Sea Foam (147102)

Stamp Sets:  Daisy Lane (149325), Good Morning Magnolia (149298), Very Versailles (149275) and Magnolia Blooms (152729)

Punches:  Leaf (144667), Sprig (148012, Daisy (143713) and Medium Daisy (149517)

Dies:  Layering Ovals (141706)

Misc:  Linen Thread (104199), Stamping Sponges (141337), Sponge Daubers (133773), Tear & Tape (138995), Take Your Pick (144107), Bone Folder (102300), Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755), Dimensionals (104430), Pretty Peacock Scalloped Linen Ribbon (149751), Purple Posy Scalloped Linen Ribbon (149706), Rococco Rose Scalloped Linen Ribbon (149704), Seaside Spray Scalloped Linen Ribbon (149707), Terracotta Tile Scalloped Linen Ribbon (149705) and Acetate Card Boxes (144628)

No comments:

Post a Comment