Featured Post

Season of Green & Gold Project Sheet

Hello there fellow crafters, I found so much inspiration for these products from all over the crafting community so I wanted to see what I c...

Friday, June 28, 2024

Thoughtful Journey Sympathy Card

Today’s card features the Thoughtful Journey Designer Series Paper along with the Unbounded Love Stamps.  These papers are beautiful but this stamp set is really amazing, such nice sentiments.  Unfortunately as of late I have needed a number of Sympathy cards so I decided to create some to have on hand.  Here is what I came up with…

The card base is Old Olive cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  I then cut a piece of Pretty Peacock cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼” and then using the Deckled Rectangles Dies I cut rectangle #4 out of the center of it (so, I mark my sets that nest like the rectangles from 1 to whatever, 1 being the smallest so I can tell my customers which one I used and the reason for cutting this out of this layer is that I was covering it up with Designer Series Paper so no reason to waste any paper, I do this all the time).  I then cut a piece of the Thoughtful Journey Designer Series Paper (I liked this because I thought it looked kind of masculine) to 3 ¾ x 5”.  I took #3 of the Deckled Rectangles Dies and decided what part of the Designer Series Paper I wanted to pop and I die cut it from this piece.  With that all done I adhered the Designer Series Paper to the Pretty Peacock cardstock, the deckle cut paper to the deckled cut Pretty Peacock and then using Dimensionals I popped that framed piece up on top of the card right where I had cut the Designer Series Paper from.  I wrapped Linen Thread around the two layers and added a bow on the left side. 

To finish off the card I stamped “WITH sympathy” onto a scrap of Old Olive cardstock using Pretty Peacock ink and die cut that using one of the dies from the Stylish Shapes Dies (these dies are great for sentiments) and adhered it to the front of the card again using Dimensionals (on the right side I had to stack two to keep it level since that area was not popped up previously like the left was).  For the inside I did a simple 4 x 5 ¼” Basic White layer that I stamped the sentiment “MY heart GOES OUT TO you” also from the set onto it using Pretty Peacock Ink. 

I hope you like this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.  Be sure to follow me at: 

Facebook at:  https://www.facebook.com/craftwithronnie.stampinup.net

YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/@ronniejohnsonstampinup

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/craft_with_ronnie/

 

Happy Crafting!!! 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment