Featured Post

Season of Green & Gold Project Sheet

Hello there fellow crafters, I found so much inspiration for these products from all over the crafting community so I wanted to see what I c...

Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Seaside Wishes For You

Today’s card features the Seaside Wishes Bundle.  This bundle is unique in that it includes not just a stamp set and dies but also an amazing 3D Hybrid Embossing Folder.  This embossing folder comes with a set of 8 dies that coordinate with the stamp set and the best part, you can emboss and cut at the same time.  That’s right you can die cut the three cute sand dollars at the same time you emboss them by simply layering the die into the embossing folder with the paper.  This bundle was on back order and I finally received mine today and couldn’t wait to use it.  I saw a cute card on pintrest that was created by Michelle Zindorf and used it as inspiration.  I did change up a few things including some of the colors to make it my own.

Here is what I came up with…

 

The card base is Balmy Blue cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.   I then took a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock that measured 3 ¾ x 4 ½” and using my blending brushes I added about 1” of Balmy Blue Ink to the top of the layer.  Next, I grabbed my Crumb Cake Ink and added about 1 ¼” of it to the center of the layer.  Then I grabbed for my Pecan Pie Ink and finished inking the bottom of the layer.  I love how the blending brushes allow me to slowly add layers of ink until I achieve what I am looking for. 

I stamped my sentiment “SOMETIMES the simplest things MEAN THE MOST” from the stamp set in the bundle onto the bottom left corner of the layer using Pecan Pie Ink.  I liked how Michelle had added some shadowing by tearing a piece of scrap cardstock and brushing the ink a little darker in that area so I replicated it.  I used the little stamp with dots to add some Pecan Pie dots all around my sand, sometimes it was a direct stamp and other times I stamped off so they were all a little different. 

I then took the largest of the three sand dollars I had die cut out of Basic White cardstock and embossed and tore off a little from the bottom, inked it with Pecan Pie Ink so it would look like it was kind of stuck in the sand.  I added a Dimensional to the center and glue around the edges as Michelle had suggested to puff it up a little.  I mounted this layer onto a piece of Basic White cardstock that measured 3 7/8 x 4 5/8” and then centered that onto my card.  That finished off the front of the card so it was onto something for the inside.  

For the inside of the card I cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼” and using that same torn scrap of cardstock I added some Crumb Cake Ink with my Blending Brush along the bottom of the layer.  Again, I added the little dots but this time I did them in Crumb Cake Ink.  I then grabbed the second largest of the sand dollars I had die cut and embossed and tore the bottom edge off it just like I did on the one on the front of the card.  I inked that torn edge and added a tiny bit of ink to the sand dollar again using the Blending Brush and adhered it to the bottom left side of the insert using the same method I used on the front.  Now the inside was all done and could be added and the card is finished.  I am really happy with how it turned out.  You know you have a winner when your husband spends time trying to figure out how you created the sand dollars. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.  Be sure to follow me at: 

Facebook at:  https://www.facebook.com/craftwithronnie.stampinup.net

YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/@ronniejohnsonstampinup

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/craft_with_ronnie/


Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment