Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Saturday, January 20, 2024

ENDURING BEAUTY WATERCOLOR

Today’s card features the beautiful new Enduring Beauty Bundle from the January – April Mini catalog.  I just love this whole bundle which includes a beautiful stamp set, coordinating dies and even more fun 5 great decorative masks that coordinate with the floral image in the stamp set.  The possibilities with this set are endless but today I wanted to try this stamp set out on some watercolor paper.

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Basic Gray cardstock cut to 4 ¼ x 11” scored at 5 ½”.   I then cut a piece of Bubble Bath (this is quickly becoming one of my favorite new colors) cardstock that measures 4 x 5 ¼” and I embossed it using the Quatrefoil Tile Embossing Folder and added it to my card base.  Next, I took the large floral image from the bundle and inked it up using VersaMark Ink and stamped it onto Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper.  Once it was stamped, I added the silver embossing powder from the Metallics Stampin’ Emboss Powders and heat set it using my Heat Tool.

To color my floral image, I simply took three acrylic blocks and pushed them down into Bubble Bath Ink, Parakeet Party Ink and Old Olive Ink, thus transferring ink onto the blocks that I could then use to watercolor.  Using my Water Painters, I simply started by putting on a light layer of the Bubble Bath on all of the flowers, while that was drying, I added a light layer of the Parakeet Party ink to all the leaves.  Once those layers had a chance to dry a little, I went back in with a less diluted Bubble Bath Ink and added shading to my flowers (the key is to think about the areas where one petal lays over the other because those are areas that would appear darker and they are the perfect areas to shade).  Once my flowers were done, I did the same thing with the leaves adding Old Olive Ink where I wanted some darker shading. 

I allowed the whole thing to dry well and then I used the coordinating die from the bundle to cut the image out.  I added a couple loops of the silver twine from the Simply Elegant Trim and then popped the whole image up on the front of the card.

I chose not to add a sentiment as this is a good base card to keep on hand for those unexpected times you need a card.  I think this card would make a beautiful anniversary card, sympathy card or even a birthday card.  I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.  Be sure to follow me at: 

Facebook at:  https://www.facebook.com/craftwithronnie.stampinup.net

YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/@ronniejohnsonstampinup

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/craft_with_ronnie/

 

Happy Crafting!!! 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment