Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, January 22, 2024

SENDING YOU

Today’s card features two of the new products from the January – April Mini Catalog, they are the Perennial Lavender suite and the Heartfelt Hexagon Bundle.  I love how so many of these products complement one another and it is always a lot of fun to create mixing things together.

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Gorgeous Grape cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 6 3/4” and scored at 4 ¼”.  I then cut a piece of the really pretty Soft Shimmer Specialty DSP (I used the Pretty Peacock one) to 2 ¼ x 5 ¼”.  Now this paper has a white core and that doesn’t bother a lot of people but when I am layering colors, I like the color to be the same all the way through, so to resolve this I used a sponge dauber and some Pretty Peacock Ink and just inked up the edges to cover the white core.  I added that to the 2 ½” left side of my card.  I added a piece of the Perennial Lavender cardstock that was cut to 2 x 5” on top of that.  

Did you know that you can make 12 cards out of one piece of Designer Series Paper cutting them 2” wide, which is a nice size for a card?  Now with 12 pieces of DSP in a package that means you could create up to 144 cards using this method.  Interesting right?

Ok, back to the card.  Next, I cut a piece of Gorgeous Grape cardstock to 1 x 4 ¼” and scored it at ½”.  On the other end I used my Banner Pick A Punch to make a little flag (you can do this by hand but I like how even I can get it with the punch).  I set this aside and cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼”.  I grabbed one of the floral stamps from the bundle and some of the Gorgeous Grape Ink and stamped the bottom right of this layer three times (I used the entire length of the stamp the first time, lowered it and stamped again without re-inking and then re-inked and lowered the stamp once again before stamping the third time, this creates different heights and colors).  Once the stamping was complete, I took that ½” scored piece of my flag and adhered it to the center back of the inside of the card before adhering it to the card itself.  This makes a nice little flap that is perfect for the sentiment.

For the sentiment I used the Heartfelt Hexagon bundle and stamped the sentiment onto a scrap of Basic White cardstock using Pretty Peacock Ink and then I punched it out with the coordinating punch and attached it to the flag piece.  To finish off the card I added three of the Gorgeous Grape dots from the Glossy Dots Assortment. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.  Be sure to follow me at: 

Facebook at:  https://www.facebook.com/craftwithronnie.stampinup.net

YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/@ronniejohnsonstampinup

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/craft_with_ronnie/

 

Happy Crafting!!! 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment