Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Friday, January 19, 2024

FLIGHT & AIRY SYMPATHY

Today’s card features the Heartfelt Hexagon Bundle and the Flight & Airy Designer Series Paper.  This paper is a free product you can earn with a qualifying purchase during Sale-A-Bration from now through the end of February (while supplies last).  Now I don’t really think anyone likes to have to send a sympathy card but unfortunately they are a fact of life.  I like to keep several on hand so I can send them out as quickly as possible.  It is always nice to hear that your handmade sympathy card arrived just when the receipient most needed it.  I wanted to use one of the new sets from the new January – April Mini Catalog along with one of the free Sale-A-Bration products I earned when I purchased it.

Here is what I came up with…

This is a very simple card and nice and quick to make.  But the best part is that this layout makes gorgeous cards and all you have to do is add different colors, Designer Series Paper and sentiments or images to create a whole new card.  You can even change the direction and make the card a landscape card, the key is just keeping the proportions the same. 

The card base is Bubble Bath cardstock (I just ordered another pack of this paper because I love the color and I use so much of it) I cut it to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  Next, I cut a piece of Flight & Airy Designer Series Paper cut to 2 ¾ x 4” and then a piece of Boho Blue cardstock to 3 x 4 ¼”.  I adhered the Designer Series Paper to the cardstock then I adhered it to the center of my card base. 

To finish off my card I first grabbed a scrap of Boho Blue cardstock and stamped the outside line image from the bundle onto it with Boho Blue Ink and punched it out with the coordinating punch.  Next, I stamped that same outline onto a scrap of the Bubble Bath cardstock again in Boho Blue Ink but I also added the sentiment “with sincere sympathy” from the bundle to the center of it.  I then used that outline image as a guide and cut the center out following the inside line of the image.  Once it was cut, I adhered it to the other hexagon and added some of the Boho Blue Textured Ribbon to the back making a little flag and then popped the whole thing up on the right center using Dimensionals. 

Like I said this is a fast and simple card but the layout itself can make endless cards.  Additionally, the Heartfelt Hexagon Bundle has an additional coordinating stamp set that you can earn as a freebie during Sale-A-Bration.  Here is what it looks like…


I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.  Be sure to follow me at: 

Facebook at:  https://www.facebook.com/craftwithronnie.stampinup.net

YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/@ronniejohnsonstampinup

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/craft_with_ronnie/

 

Happy Crafting!!! 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment