Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, January 15, 2024

JUST A NOTE

Today’s share was created using the Flight & Airy Designer Series Paper that is a free item during Sale-A-Bration.  I created these cute little post-it note and pen holders for everyone who attended my Open House to launch the new January – April Mini Catalog and Sale-A-Bration.  Here is what it looks like.


This cute little folder to hold 3x3" post-it-notes and a mini pen is simple to make.  It makes a great little gift idea and could even be made using masculine papers for the men in your life.


Start with a piece of Bubble Bath card stock that measures 3 1/4 x 9".  Score at 3 1/8", 3 1/2", 3 7/8", 7 3/8" and 7 7/8".



Fold at the 3 1/2" score line as shown above.



Come down about 1/2" and cut to the 3 7/8" score line then come down another 1/2" and cut another line to the 3 7/8" line (this will be the pocket your pen sets in).

 


Now fold the score lines at 3 1/8" and 3 7/8".  Leave the piece for the pen out but glue or tape (I used tear & tape) the remainder of the piece that is the 3 1/8" score line down.



Insert a 3 x 3" post-it-note pad into the folder and fold the other ends as shown.  (I used tear & tape here as well to hold my post it note pad in place.



This is what it looks like all folded up.

To make my note hold stay in place I used two little magnets that I purchased from Amazon.  I put one on the front of the post-it note holder and then I cut a piece of the Flight & Airy Designer Series paper to 2 ¾ x 3” and added it over the magnet.  Then I put the second half of the magnet down on that added a Mini Glue Dot to it and closed my flap down on top of it (this meant my magnet would line up perfectly.  Next, I added a piece of Boho Blue cardstock that measured 1 x 3” that I had embossed with the Cane Weave 3D Embossing Folder on the flap.  For the final little finishing touch, I added a piece of Bubble Bath Cardstock that measure ½ x 1 ½” that I had stamped the sentiment “Just a Note” from the Go To Greetings Stamp Set using Boho Blue Ink added with Mini Dimensionals.  I added a mini pen I found at the Dollar Store.

I hope you enjoy this project I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this project and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.  Be sure to follow me at: 

Facebook at:  https://www.facebook.com/craftwithronnie.stampinup.net

YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/@ronniejohnsonstampinup

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/craft_with_ronnie/

 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment