Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Friday, June 2, 2023

Just a Note in Copper Clay

Today’s card is featuring one of the 2023 – 2025 In Colors “Copper Clay” along with one of the new additions to the Stampin’ Up! color collection “Pecan Pie”.  While it is ususual to see me do florals in brown tones I just really liked the way these two colors worked off one another and basic white.

Here is what I came up with…

The card base is Basic White cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 1/2” and scored at 4 ¼”.  I cut a piece of Copper Clay cardstock to 4 ¼ x 5 ½” and then used the large background die from the Two Tone Flora Dies (man do I love this background die it just makes the cards pop) and adhered it directly to my white card base.  Then I stamped three of the flowers, two of the smaller leaves and one of the leaf sprays from the coordinating Two Tone Flora Stamp Set onto scraps of Basic White cardstock (I save all my little scraps just for these kind of projects).  The leaves and leaf spray were stamped with Copper Clay ink and then brushed (while the ink is still a little wet) with Wink of Stella to pull some of the color into the non-stamped sections and give the leaves a little shine.  The flowers were stamped using Pecan Pie Ink as the background color and the Copper Clay ink to stamp the details (love the look of them together).  I clustered all of these pieces on the bottom left of my card.  For my final addition I cut a piece of Copper Clay cardstock to 2 ¼ x ½” and stamped the sentiment “Just a Note” onto it using VersaMark Ink and then I heat embossed it with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder.  I cut the end at an angle and attached it to the card using Mini Dimensionals. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment