Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Thursday, June 22, 2023

Irresistible Blooms in Moody Mauve

Today’s card features one of the new in-colors, Moody Mauve.  I love how this color works with the Irresistible Blooms Bundle from the Online Exclusives.  I really wanted to play around with this new color and I am happy with the results.

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Moody Mauve cardstock cut to 4 ¼ x 11” and scored at 5 1/2”.  I cut another layer of the Moody Mauve into a mat that measured 4 1/8 x 5 3/8”, I embossed this layer with the Basics 3D Embossing Folder (this is another of the Online Exclusive products, there are three really nice basic 3D Embossing Folders in this set).  I then cut a piece of Moody Mauve cardstock to 3 x 4 ¼” and stamped one of the flowers from the Irresistible Blooms stamp set all over it using Moody Mauve ink to create my own Designer Series Paper that is tone on tone. 

Next, I cut a piece of the another of the new In-Colors called Pebbled Path to 1 ½ x4 ¼” and then I tore it along the bottom (tear towards yourself for the best look).  I wrapped some of the Bakers Twine around this piece twice and tied a bow before adding it to my card front with Dimensionals.  I stamped one of the flowers and one of the leaves from the stamp set onto a piece of Basic White cardstock using VersaMark Ink and then added White Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heat set it using my heat tool.  I used my Water Painters and added Moody Mauve ink to the flower and Old Olive ink to the leaves.  Remember, you can make different tones of color by adding more or less water to the ink.  I die cut these using the coordinating dies from the bundle and added them to the front of my card as well.  I did use Dimensionals under the flower but just glued the leaves to the piece of Pebbled Path cardstock.  For my final addition I added three of the Pastel Adhesive Backed Sequins (it is nice that these are adhesive backed as it makes them easier to work with). 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment