Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, June 19, 2023

Vellum Magic

I just love adding vellum to my cards but this new Vellum Basics Specialty Paper really makes it even more fun.  There are three different designs on the sheets of vellum (today I am using the one with leaves).  I paired this vellum up with the Dainty Delights stamps and dies I hope you like today’s card.

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Soft Sea Foam cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 1/2” and scored at 4 ¼”.  I then cut another layer from the Soft Sea Foam cardstock that measures 4 1/8 x 5 3/8” and embossed it with the Timeworn 3D Embossing Folder (love the character embossing adds to projects).  I then cut a piece of the Bellum Basics Paper using one of the dies from the Scalloped Contours Dies and popped it up on the card using Mini Dimensionals (I placed these in such a way that they would be covered up by the embellishments I was adding on top). 

I started gathering all my other pieces for the card.  I die cut my stem of leaves and my dandelion from the Dainty Delights dies using Soft Sea Foam cardstock.  I stamped the flowers from the Dainty Delights stamp set onto a scrap of Basic White cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and colored them in using the Soft Sea Foam and Lemon Lolly Stampin’ Blends Markers before die cutting them with the coordinating die.  I stamped my sentiment “Celebrate You” from the stamp set onto a scrap of Basic White cardstock using Soft Sea Foam Ink and then die cut it using the Stylish Shapes Dies (I use these dies a lot). 

Now that I had all the pieces, I began my final assembly.  I added the stem of leaves up the left side of my vellum layer (trick: use the Multipurpose Glue, pour some onto the Silicone Mat and use a sponge to added it to the back of these delicate pieces, makes it so much easier to adhere them).  Next, I added my dandelion and then finally my flowers over the top of that, for this piece I used more of those Mini Dimensionals.  I added my sentiment and a bow that I created using some retired Soft Sea Foam Ribbon using Mini Glue Dots.  For my final addition I added three of the Loose Frosted Dots. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment