Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Saturday, May 21, 2022

Sending Sunshine

I am so excited to share one of the bundles from the new Annual Catalog.  This one is called Sending Smiles and boy I can assure you that is just what this set is going to do.  I love all the different sentiments in it that can be mixed and matched with the die cut sending and with one another.  I wanted this card to really pop and I hope that my color choices made that happen.   

Here’s what I ended up with…


The card base is one of the new In Colors it is called Starry Sky, the cardstock was cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  I added a piece of Mango Melody cardstock to the center of the card base that measured 4 ¼ x 4 ½”.  I then cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 3 x 4 ¼” and to the back of that piece I adhered some of the 2022 – 2024 In Color Designer Series Paper.  To create this, I took two pieces of the DSP that measured 1 ¼ x 4 ¼” and I cut them suing the Basic Boarders dies and then just adhered them to the back of the Basic White layer.  This was then stamped with the sentiment ‘SUNSHINE TO BRIGHTEN YOUR DAY” from the stamp set in the bundle.  Once that was done, I adhered the layer to the cardbase.

Next, I die cut the shadow image of the word “Sending” out of Starry Sky cardstock and the actual word out of Mango Melody (note:  if you want to save some paper cut the word out of the center of the mango melody layer before you adhere it).  I stamped the two flowers and the stems out of some scraps of Basic White cardstock (I used Starry Sky ink for the flowers, the centers were stamped with Mango Melody ink and the stems were stamped with the new In Color Parakeet Party) and die cut them out.  I started by adhering my “Sending” sentiment and then I tucked my flowers back in behind it (everything was adhered using Dimensionals and Mini Dimensionals).  For my final addition I took three of the Rhinestone Basic Jewels and colored them using the Dark Starry Sky Stampin’ Blend (you can do this with any color and create your own coordinating jewels). 

For the inside of the card and envelope I simply stamped one of the flowers in Starry Sky ink with a Mango Melody center.

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment