Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Friday, May 27, 2022

Cottage Rose

Today I wanted to feature one of the beautiful new stamp sets from the 2022 – 2023 Annual Catalog.  This one is called Cottage Rose and it is beautiful.  I decided to do some coloring with color pencils using this stamp and I am very happy with the result. 

Here’s what I ended up with…



The card base is Smoky Slate cardstock that is cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  I added a layer of Basic Gray cardstock that measured 4 x 5 ¼”.  Next, I cut a piece of Smoky Slate cardstock to 3 ¾ x 5” and stamped the image from the Cottage Rose stamp set all over it using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink.  I then pulled out my Watercolor Pencils (I used Assortment 1) and started to color using the Old Olive for the leaves, the Calypso Coral for the small flowers and the White for the large roses.  This is such a great technique and perfect for someone just starting out with limited supplies.  I did use my Blender Pens to blend and move color around to make it look natural.  I then stamped my sentiment “Fell Better Real Soon” onto a scrap of Smoky Slate cardstock again using that Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and I die cut it using the awesome new Stylish Shapes Dies (see below, these dies are so versatile and each of them is stitched around the outside for extra interest).

So, to assemble the card I wrapped the stamped image layer with the Gray Granite Shimmer Ribbon and tied a basic square knot.  I added my die cut sentiment using Mini Dimensionals.  For the final addition I added three of the Matte Black Dots and there you have it. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  It really was quite simple to create and did not require a ton of products.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment