Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, May 23, 2022

Flowing Flowers meets Symbols of Fortune DSP

Today I wanted to feature two products that will be retiring on July 1st.  They are the Flowing Flowers stamp set and the beautiful Symbols of Fortune Designer Series Paper (I have made several cards using this beautiful specialty paper).  I decided to make this card a fun fold while I was at it (not sure if this fold has a name but I really like the look). 

Here’s what I ended up with…



The card base is Crumbcake cardstock that is cut to 7 ¼ x 5 ½” and scored at 3”.  I cut two mats from Evening Evergreen cardstock that measured 1 x 5 ¼” and 2 ¾ x 5 ¼”.  To these I added my Symbols of Fortune DSP which was cut to 2 ½ x 5” and ¾ x 5”.  These were then adhered to the card base (note: the smaller of the two will actually be adhered to what will be the inside of the card when opened).  I cut a mat of Soft Succulent cardstock that measured 3 ¼ x 3 ¼” and a piece of Basic White cardstock that measured 3 x 3”.  I stamped my floral image on the Basic White cardstock using one of the stamps from the Flowing Flowers stamp set and Calypso Coral Ink.  I adhered this to the Soft Succulent mat and adhered the whole piece to the card base (be sure to only adhere the left side so the card will open.  To finish off the front of my card I added a butterfly from the Brushed Butterflies Embellishments. 

For the inside of the card, I cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 2 7/8 x 5 ¼” and stamped my sentiment “Happy Birthday” from the stamp set using Calypso Coral Ink.  For the envelope I selected one of the floral images from the stamp set and stamped it all over the envelopes flap again in Calypso Coral Ink. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment