Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Friday, April 17, 2020

Water Coloring With Ornate Style

I decided today I would create a card that highlighted the new Ornate Garden Suite.  I also wanted to use a technique in which I use ink from my ink pads along with my Aqua Painters to water color paint my image.



The card base is Old Olive cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  I then added a layer of the coordinating Designer Series Paper that measured 4 x 5 ¼”, I just love this paper and the beautiful gold accents on it.  Then I used my Stitched Rectangles dies to cut out two rectangles.  The first was cut using the second from the largest die and it was cut out of Vellum cardstock, I centered this one on the card and popped it up using Dimensionals.  I then used the third largest of the dies and cut it out of Shimmery White cardstock (this paper holds up to the water I want to use with the aqua painters plus it has a slight shimmer that works great with this technique).  I stamped my image from the Ornate Style Stamp Set onto the shimmery white cardstock using Versa Mark ink and then heat embossed using the White Stampin’ Emboss Powder and my Heat Tool.

I started my water coloring at this point.  So, to get started I took one of my clear blocks and just tapped it down into my Old Olive ink pad (this is how I will apply each of the colors).  I then started painting the leaves, at first I went very light over all the leaves and then went back in with more of the ink (and less water) to add the darker shading where shadows would fall (think about which parts of the leaves fall under say the flower or which petals of a flower fall under another petal, this helps with shading).  I then moved onto my daisies which I painted with Daffodil Delight ink and shaded with Mango Melody ink and the centers were colored with Early Espresso.  The dahlias were painted using Bermuda Bay and the small flowers were painted using Highland Heather.  The key to this process is to be patient and not get to heavy handed with the ink or the water.

I then mounted this piece onto the center of the card and added a few of the Gilded Gems (also part of this suite).  I really love this card and I find water coloring to be extremely relaxing and like everyone else during these trying times a little relaxing is a good thing for me.

I hope you enjoy this card.  I will list the supplies I used below and you can find the supplies for this card and many more on my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog.

Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:






No comments:

Post a Comment