Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Saturday, April 4, 2020

So Sentimental Bundle


Today I am continuing my series of cards that use a basic layout and can be recreated using any number of stamp sets that you may have on hand.  I did want to show that you could also make many cards by simply changing up the Designer Series Paper (DSP) and colors so all of the cards I created today use a single bundle called So Sentimental, it includes some great stitched dies and some wonderful sentiments.  So, let’s start with the first set of cards.






The card bases are all made from a half a sheet of cardstock, and were cut 4 ¼ x 11” and scored at 5 ½”.  The horizonal cards open from the side while the vertical card opens from the bottom up.  I like to change up the direction of the layout just to keep things interesting.

For the second layer I choose a cardstock that highlighted one of the colors in the DSP I was using.  This layer is 3 ½ x 5 ½”.  The next layer is black on all the cards, I find basic black cardstock to be a nice touch when layering.  I just feel it gives the eye someplace to rest which is really important when you are using vibrant or busy DSP.   This black layer measures 3 ¼ x 5 ½”.  And finally, for the DSP, this layer is 3 x 5 ½”. 

For my sentiments I stamped each onto Whisper White Cardstock with Tuxedo Black Memento ink (I love this ink for sentiments because it gives a nice crisp image).  I then cut them out using the dies from the bundle.  On three of them I added an additional layer of colored vellum that was cut from another of the dies in the bundle and then I popped all of them up onto the center of my DSP using Dimensionals. 

I hope you enjoy this layout and these cards.  I will list the supplies below but remember you can use anything you have on hand.  If you need to add to your crafting supplies so you can stay busy during this time when we find ourselves with more time for things like cards head over to my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Some of the Supplies Used (remember to order cardstock that works with the DSP you are choosing to use)




No comments:

Post a Comment