Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, April 6, 2020

Layering Squares


Today I am continuing my series of cards that use a basic layout and can be recreated using any number of stamp sets that you may have on hand.  I used four different stamp sets to create these cards as well as four different Designer Series Papers (DSP).  I did want to show that you could also make many cards by simply changing up the Designer Series Paper (DSP) and choosing coordinating cardstock for your layering.  The one constant here is that I used the Layering Squares dies on all of them (love these squares and I use them all the time since they are made to work perfectly together it takes the guess work out of what size goes with what size).   So, here they are, I hope you enjoy them. 

Grace's Garden and Garden Lane DSP

Daisy Lane and Best Dressed DSP

Stamp Set and DSP has now retired

Good Morning Magnolia and Magnolia Lane DSP

The card bases are all from a half a sheet of cardstock, and were cut 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  Two were designed vertically and two were designed horizontally, as this layout is perfect for either. 

The first layer on all these cards is cut from Whisper White cardstock at 3 ¾ x 5”.  I then selected our stamp sets and four DSP’s and started to create.  The DSP is cut at 2 x 3 ½”.  For my squares I cut them from Whisper White (except the one I used with the die cut magnolia which I cut from Old Olive) using the fourth largest of the squares from the dies.  I then selected coordinating cardstock to cut the base square which was cut using the 3rd largest of the scalloped squares from the dies.  I stamped my image onto the whisper white cardstock in the case of cards 1 and 3.  I then colored in the images on card 1 using Stampin’ Blends.  For card 3 I stamped the base image and then stamped and punched out a little flower from the set (this stamp set was a sale-a-bration freebie and is no longer available but since many of my customers got it for free I wanted to show them how to use it).  For card 2 I used my Daisy Lane bundle and stamped and punched out two daisies which I layered, I added two leaves that were also done using a punch and finally added a Perennial Essence Floral Center.  For card 4 I stamped the image from the Good Morning Magnolia bundle and die cut it using the coordinating dies.  I colored it using the Stampin’ Blends and then added it to my squares.

All of the squares are popped up using dimensionals.   You may also notice that all of my sentiments are geared to thinking about you cards.  I intend to use these cards to send to some of the elderly shut-ins from my church as these are very trying times for them. 

I hope you enjoy this layout and these cards.  I will list the supplies below but remember you can use anything you have on hand.  If you need to add to your crafting supplies so you can stay busy during this time when we find ourselves with more time for things like cards head over to my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Some of the Supplies Used (created your own, just chose a stamp set, a DSP and coordinating cardstock:




No comments:

Post a Comment