Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Friday, April 3, 2020

Fun With Circles


As I posted on Facebook, I am starting a series here of cards that use a basic layout and can be recreated using any number of stamp sets that you may have on hand.  So, let’s start with the first set of cards.

These cards all have the same layout and each uses a different embossing folder, stamp set and ribbon but they all use the largest circle from the Stitched Shapes Dies to create a focal point.  So here are 4 I created using this layout.






The card bases are all made from a half a sheet of cardstock, 2 were cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼” and 2 were cut 4 ¼ x 11” and scored at 5 ½”.  I did this so that my cards would open in different directions, just something to keep it interesting. 

The second layer is 4 x 5 ¼” and each was run through a different embossing folder.  On my little turtle I used an embossing folder that was a freebie from Sale-A-Bration (I am hoping we will see it return in our next catalog because it is really cute) it was the only one I added ink to but I could have done that on all of them just to add additional texture.

I used several different ribbons and they do a great job of anchoring the circle.  As you can see from the pictures, I also changed the direction of at least one card (a nod to my friend Cathy who always likes cards that are horizontally based instead of just vertically based).

I hope you enjoy this layout and these cards.  I will list the primary supplies below but remember you can use anything you have on hand.  If you need to add to your crafting supplies so you can stay busy during this time when we find ourselves with more time for things like cards head over to my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog.  


Happy Crafting!!!

Some of the Supplies Used (you can use many different colors of cardstock and lots of different ribbons and of course any stamp set you like, I am just listing the ones I used):

Stamp Sets Used:
And of course the die to cut the circle:


No comments:

Post a Comment