Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Friday, April 10, 2020

Watercolor Fun


Today I am continuing my series of cards that use a basic layout and can be recreated using any number of stamp sets that you may have on hand.  I used four different stamp sets to create these cards as well as using my Aqua Painters to create a beautiful watercolor background for each of these images.  As you can see, I left all of my images as black outlined images and I love how they turned out.  I hope you enjoy them. 

Timeless Tropical Stamp Set (ink colors:  Balmy Blue, Blueberry Bushel and Soft Suede)

Beautiful You Stamp Set (ink colors:  Blueberry Bushel, Seaside Spray and Daffodil Delight)

A Good Man Stamp Set (ink colors:  Soft Suede, Seaside Spray and Daffodil Delight)

 Sailing Home Stamp Set (ink colors: Soft Suede, Pool Party and Daffodil Delight) 

Two of the card bases are 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 scored at 4 ¼” and open like a traditional card, the other two however, are 4 ¼ x 11” scored at 5 ½” and open from the bottom up.  To start I cut out four pieces of the Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper from Stampin’ Up! to 3 ¼ x 4 ½” (yes you really need to use watercolor paper).  I then used an acrylic block and stamped it down into my three colors of ink (I will list the colors below the pictures) and I used my aqua markers to paint a background onto the watercolor paper, keeping in mind the image I intended to use.  For some of the cards I went with a light wash of color and for others I used less water which made the colors richer.  I was pleasantly surprised with how easy it is to use the inks as watercolors and how easy it is to watercolor. 

Be sure to let the watercolor dry completely before stamping your images.  I used my heat tool to speed up the process and used Tuxedo Black Memento ink to stamp the images after everything was good and dry.

For card 1 I used the mat size recommended on the original layout given to me by my upline so it is a layer of Whisper White that measures 3 3/8 x 4 5/8”.  After doing that card I just felt I wanted a little wider mat so on all the rest of the cards I made my mat size 3 ½ x 4 ¾”.  I determined my colors based on the image itself and what colors I thought would work best with it. 

I used a variety of different sentiments on them but of course any sentiment would work wonderfully.  

I hope you enjoy this layout and these cards.  I will list the supplies below but remember you can use anything you have on hand.  If you need to add to your crafting supplies so you can stay busy during this time when we find ourselves with more time for things like cards head over to my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Some of the Supplies Used (don't forget to grab inks and cardstock that work with your image:


No comments:

Post a Comment