Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, April 13, 2020

Hand Stamped Backgrounds


Today I am continuing my series of cards that use a basic layout and can be recreated using any number of stamp sets that you may have on hand.  I used four different stamp sets to create these cards including making my own Designer Series Paper (DSP) using nothing but another of the stamps from each of the stamp sets that I used to create the focal point of the cards.  I hope you enjoy them. 

Rooted in Nature Stamp Set 

Best Catch Stamp Set

Painted Poppies Stamp Set

Power of Hope Stamp Set (retired)


Each central image was stamped using nothing but Tuxedo Black Memento ink and stamping onto a piece of Whisper White cardstock that measured 3 x 4” and was then layered onto a piece of Basic Black cardstock that measured 3 ½ x 4 ½”(here’s that use of the black again, black and white with a pop of color makes for great cards).   Two images were stamped vertically while the other two were stamped horizontally.

All of the card bases are 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼” and scored at 5 ½”.  I selected an image from each stamp set that I wanted to use to make my own DSP look.  For card 1 I used the leaves from the Rooted in Nature set and using old olive ink I stamped off on scratch paper and then onto the Old Olive cardstock being sure to make the pattern random.  For card 2 I stamped the fly from Best Catch, this time I stamped it using Soft Suede ink on Soft Suede cardstock (this one did not require stamping off).  For card 3 I used one of the poppies from the Painted Poppies stamp set, for this one I stamped using Tuxedo Black Memento ink right onto the Poppy Parade cardstock.  For the final card I chose to use the Japanese lantern from the Power of Hope set (this is retired now, it was a freebie during Sale-A-Bration, but again I have some customers who did get this set and I want them to see what they can do with it), for this one I stamped the image using Real Red ink (that I again stamped off on scrap paper) onto Poppy Parade cardstock. 

I used a variety of different sentiments on them and even left one without a sentiment, sometimes less is more. 

I hope you enjoy this layout and these cards.  I will list the supplies below but remember you can use anything you have on hand.  If you need to add to your crafting supplies so you can stay busy during this time when we find ourselves with more time for things like cards head over to my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Some of the Supplies Used:



No comments:

Post a Comment