Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Squares and Circles Oh My


One of the things I really like to work with is dies, they can add interest to a card in many ways.  Likewise, so can embossing folders, so today I am continuing my series of cards that use a basic layout and can be recreated using any number of stamp sets that you may have on hand.  I used four different stamp sets and four different embossing folders to create this set of cards.  Additionally, I employed my wonderful Triple Banner punch to create perfect banners for each card.  I hope you enjoy them. 

 Card 1 - Dressed to Impress Stamp Set and Tufted 3D Embossing Folder

Gather Together Stamp Set (will be available again later in the year) and Subtle 3D Embossing Folder

 Best Catch Stamp Set and Absolutely Argyle 3D Embossing Folder

Sailing Home Stamp Set and the Stone 3D Embossing Folder (folder was a sale-a-bration item, currently waiting to see if it will be returning in the new annual catalog, sure hope so)

Each card starts with a base layer that measures 5 ½ x 8 ½” and is scored at 4 ¼” (yep that is a piece of cardstock cut right in half).  Next I created a layer for each card that is a coordinating color and that measures 4 x 5 1/4”.  I added two banners strips to each card for the vertical cards these measured 1 ¼ x 5” and 1 x 4 ¾” (here is where that triple banner punch comes in handy, it makes perfectly even banners each time).  

For the horizontal cards the banners measure 1 ½ x 3 ¾” and 1 x 3 ½” (I did change them out on card #3 making the DSP layer 1 ½ x 3 ½” and the cardstock banner 1 x 3 ¾”, just to keep things interesting).  I then cut four squares out of Whisper White cardstock using the largest square from the Stitched Shape dies (I love this die set because it includes 4 each squares, circles and ovals and works great with the other layering dies).  I selected my stamp sets and started stamping away, I loved adding multiple stamps onto the square.  I colored three in using Stampin’ Blends but for the fourth (the fall themed one) I just stamped using my regular inks and then pulled some of the ink color into the center of the pumpkins using my Wink of Stella pen. 

For the sentiments I used circles several different sizes were used and some were mounted onto another larger circle mat.  I used the Stitched Shapes dies and the Layering Circle dies to achieve this affect. 

I have listed the stamp set and embossing folder used under each card.  I would also like to note that the stamp set used in Card #2 is not currently available but it will be returning this fall in the new holiday catalog. 

I hope you enjoy this layout and these cards.  I will list the supplies below but remember you can use anything you have on hand.  If you need to add to your crafting supplies so you can stay busy during this time when we find ourselves with more time for things like cards head over to my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Some of the Supplies Used:




No comments:

Post a Comment