Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Friday, February 21, 2020

Little Ladybug Spinner Card


I have seen these spinner cards all over Pinterest so I decided I just had to figure out how to make them.  Turns out it is easier than I thought it would be, there was just a little learning curve but once I got the “bugs” out of it I realized it is pretty simple.  I wanted to give it a try with this adorable Little Ladybug stamp set that includes 13 adorable stamps and can be yours for free during Sale-A-Bration when you host a Stampin’ Up! Gathering that reaches $300 in sales. 



The card base is Real Red cardstock cut to 4 ¼ x 11” a x 8 ½” and scored at 5 1/2”. 


I started with my card base and used a sponge dauber that I had inked up with Tuxedo Black Memento ink and to create my little ladybug spots on my card base.  I then cut a piece of Basic Black cardstock to 3 ¼ x 4” and using just a touch of removable adhesive at the top of it I centered that onto the open card base. 

I added one of the circles from the Layering Circles dies (I used the 3rd largest) and centered them directly onto the open card front.  I cut through both the black and red at the same time (I did run it through and back again in my die cutter to make sure it cut all the way through). 

With the circle cut out I then carefully removed the black cardstock from the card base.  I took a piece of the Linen Thread and centered it in the circle opening (Tip:  I found that it was better to work with the thread without the other pieces attached.  I also found that to keep the thread from slipping when you spin the card it is best to use tear and tape.  I placed a piece across the top of the thread, pulled the thread back over that and put a second piece at the bottom of the thread and repeated on the bottom.  This keeps the thread from slipping out when the little center is spun)

With that complete I went ahead and attached the black layer back onto the card base.  Next, I punched out two circles using my 2” circle punch, one in Basic Black and one in Real Red.  I centered these into the center of the card opening and attached them to one another and the linen thread.  I then used the 3rd smallest of the Layering Circles Dies and cut out a circle from Whisper White cardstock.  I stamped my sentiment onto it with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and placed it on the circle I had selected for the inside of the card. 



I stamped the cute little Ladybug onto a scrap of Whisper White cardstock and cut her out using the Ladybug dies, I colored her with the Stampin’ Blend markers (will list the colors below) and placed her on the center of the other punched circle using a dimensional. 

 I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of Whisper White cardstock that measured ¾ x 2 ½” again using the Tuxedo Black Memento ink (the most used ink in my craftroom).  I layered that onto a piece of Basic Black cardstock that measured 1 x 2 ¾” and then that was layered onto a piece of Real Red cardstock that measured 1 ¼ x 3”.  That whole thing was then popped up with dimensionals.

For the inside of the card I stamped another of the Ladybugs into the bottom left corner of a piece of Whisper White cardstock that measured 4 x 5 ¼” and colored it in with the Stampin’ Blends (will list colors below).



I hope you enjoy this card.  I will list the supplies I used below and you can find the supplies for this card and many more on my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog.

Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:


No comments:

Post a Comment