Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, February 17, 2020

Everything Is Comming Up Poppies


From the moment I first saw this Peaceful Poppies Designer Series Paper I knew I just had to use it to create a scrapbook layout.  I am thrilled with how it turned out.  I did use my Cricut to cut the school house and title but all the product used even the paper for that is Stampin’ Up! 



I started with 2 Sheets of 12 x 12” Whisper White cardstock for my page bases.  I then picked the adorable sheet of DSP that has the poppies on it.  I started by cutting a 4 ½” strip from each side of the DSP that had the poppies (this left a strip that measured 3” from the center of the paper.  I cut two strips that measured ½x 12” from that remaining 3” (I used the other side which is a variegated green).  I then cut two strips of the variegated red sheet to ½ x 12” and two strips of the purple with white polka-dots to ½ x 12”.

I started by adhering the variegated green to the bottom of the page, I then added the poppy strip and then the red strip and finally the purple and white polka-dot strips.  This was the base of the pages.  I added some photo mats in basic black one the left page I added one that measured 4 ¼ x 5 ¾” and on the right page I added three, 2 each that measured 4 ¼ x 5 ¾ and 1 that measured 4 x 4”.  I then added mats I cut from the DSP that is purple with white polka-dots, those mats measured 3 each at 4 x 5 ½” and 1 at 3 ¾ x 3 ¾”.  The photo’s intended for these pages are 3 that were cut down to 3 ½ x 5 ¼” and 1 that was cut to 3 ½ x 3 ½”.

The poppies were added throughout the pages and were cut out of Blackberry Bliss, Gorgeous Grape, Poppy Parade, and Calypso Coral cardstock, I just cut them all out using the Poppy Moments Dies and layered some with each base and the coordinating top (like blackberry bliss for the base and gorgeous grape on top and the next one then gorgeous grape on the bottom and blackberry bliss on the top).  All of the centers were cut out of basic black cardstock using the same die set.  I did the leaves the same way altering the top and bottom layers using Old Olive and Pear Pizzazz cardstock. 

All of the flowers were added to the page using dimensionals.  I did add some of the leaves directly onto the page and others were elevated using dimensionals.  Just play around until you get the look you really love. 

I hope you enjoy these pages.  I will list all the supplies I used below and as always they can be purchased from my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog.

Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:



No comments:

Post a Comment