Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Lily Pad Dreams


Here is another technique we worked with during our last quarterly meeting.  I love it.  I did change up a few things but the technique of using different coloring tools with water color paper really intrigued me and I am so happy I decided to give it a really try.

I decided today I created the same card and just used two different coloring methods.  I love each of them for different reasons.  The Stampin’ Blends make some very vivid lily pads where the water color pencils make some very soft ones.  Each is beautiful in its own right.  Which do you prefer?

With Stampin' Blend Markers

With Watercolor Pencils and Aqua Painter

So now let’s talk about how the card is made. 

The card base is Coastal Cabana cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  I then added a layer of Whisper White cardstock that measures 4 x 5 ¼” and a layer of the Lily Impressions Designer Series Paper (got to love that free paper from Sale-A-Bration) that measures 3 ¾ x 5”.  I did punch out my sentiment from that Whisper White layer before I adhered the DSP (after all no one is going to see that area and it is a good use of materials) using the Label Me Fancy punch.  I stamped the sentiment from the Honey Bee stamp set using Pretty Peacock ink and I attached it with dimensionals.

I set my Stamparatus up (huge time saver especially when you have several cards to make)  with both the large lily flower and the bud and both the large and small lily pad and one of the leaves from the Lovely Lily Pad stamp set (yep, another Sale-A-Bration freebie) and stamped using Versamark ink onto a piece of Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper and the heat embossed it with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder and my Heat Tool.  (COLORING TIP - COLOR OUTSIDE THE LINES, yes I know that feels fundamentally wrong but I promise you will be happy with the result.  This allows you to cut around the flower and keep the color going while still seeing all the beautiful white embossing).  

Now here is where my two cards took different turns.  For the first card I colored the flowers, lily pads and leaf with Stampin’ Blends (colors listed below) for that vibrant strong color.  For the second card I colored the flowers, lily pads and leaf with the Watercolor Pencils Assortment 2 and my Aqua Painter for that soft watercolor affect.  I fussy cut them out (there are coordinating dies that you can also get as a freebie but several of my customers got the stamps and paper but not the dies and I wanted to show them how easy these are to fussy cut) and added them to my cards using dimensionals.

I hope you enjoy these cards and would love to hear which you prefer.  

I will list the supplies I for both cards below (the only difference is the markers verses the watercolor pencils) used below and you can find the supplies for this card and many more on my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog.

Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:

No comments:

Post a Comment