Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Saturday, February 1, 2020

Having some fun with the Peaceful Moments Bundle


I fell in love with this whole suite of products as soon as I saw them but I really love these Poppy Moments Dies.  I have always loved to craft flowers out of paper.  I guess that started when I was about 6 and my grandmother taught me to make flowers out of crepe paper.  I was in heaven, flowers and grandma time it just didn’t get any better than that. 

Today’s card features those beautiful flowers created with the Poppy Moments Dies.  So, let’s get started.  The base of the card is Soft Seafoam which measures 8 ½ x 5” and is scored at 4 ¼”.  The next layer is a piece of the Peaceful Poppies Designer Series Paper (this was cut from a piece that is a variegated red) that measures 4 x 5 ¼”.   I then decided I wanted a smaller layer in the center of the card so I cut a piece of Soft Seafoam cardstock that measured 3 ¼ x 4 ¼” and to that I added another piece of the Designer Series paper (this time a floral) that measured 3 x 4”. 

Once the card base was complete, I got started on the flowers and leaves.  I do love these dies.  I cut out both the larger and smaller of the Poppies and both of the Leaves s from the Peaceful Poppies bundle.  I used a piece of that same variegated red from the Peaceful Poppies Designer Series Paper (about a 3 x 3 ¾”) for the base, next I cut the next layers out of Calypso Coral cardstock (about 3 x 3 ¾”) and then cut the centers of the flowers out of a scrap of Basic Black Cardstock (I used Wink of Stella Glitter Brush on the Calypso Coral and Black layers so they would pop, hard to see in the photo).  For the leaves I cut the first layers out of Old Olive cardstock (about 5 ½ x 1 ½”) and the top layers out of Mossy Meadow (also about 5 ½ x 1 ½”).  I mounted the flowers onto the card using dimensionals.  Then I added the leaves without popping them up to give the card different heights for visual interest. 

I hope you enjoy this card and love the versatility of this new Peaceful Poppies Designer Series Paper and the great stamps and dies in the new Peaceful Poppies Suite as much as I do.  I will list the supplies I used below and you can find the supplies for this card and many more on my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog.

Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:



No comments:

Post a Comment