Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Saturday, February 22, 2020

Just Buzzing Around


I decided today I would create a card that uses both Sale-A-Bration Items and items from the new Mini Catalog and I am pretty happy with this adorable spinner card.  I found several of these cards where two pennies were used to make these cute spinner cards and thought I would give it a try.


The card base is Daffodil Delight cardstock cut to 4 ¼ x 11” and scored at 5 ½”. 

For the spinning layer I layered a piece of the Golden Honey Specialty DSP that is a free item with a $50 qualifying purchase during Sale-A-Bration that measures 3 ¾ x 5” onto a piece of Basic Black cardstock that measures 4 x 5 ¼” (Tip: don’t get the adhesive in the center of the layer so you can use the circles that are cut out individually, you will actually be using the black one in a later step on this card and the DSP one can be saved for another project).  

I then centered the largest and the fourth largest of the Layering Circles Dies onto the center of this layer and ran it through my die cutting machine (note:  I did run it through a couple of times to ensure both layers cut through).  I added this layer to my card base using lots of dimensionals (but be sure not to get them too close to the circle opening as you don’t want them to interfere with your little buzzing bee.  I them took the smaller of the two circles that were cut out of the black when we made this layer and added a little piece of Gold Foil paper that I die cut using the honeycomb die from the set and then I returned it to the center of the circle (you can use the other piece that was cut out to make sure it is perfectly centered) and popped it up with dimensionals.  

To make your spinning bee you stamp the bee from the stamp set onto a scrap piece of Whisper White cardstock and die cut it with the coordinating dies (I did add a little color with the Dark Mango Melody Delight Stampin’ Blend), you then take two dimensionals and stick them together.  I then cut off each of the little corners making the dimensional perfectly round and used it to adhere two pennies together.  I worked the penny mechanism into the circles and added my bee with a mini glue dot.  So, when the card is moved the bee spins around it.

For the inside of the card I kept it simple and added one of the little flowers also from the same stamp set that I stamped onto a piece of Whisper White cardstock that is 4 x 5 ¼” using Tuxedo Black Memento ink and again I added just a touch of color using that Stampin’ Blend marker.  I figured I could leave it blank and add any sentiment I needed at a later date. 




I hope you enjoy this card.  I will list the supplies I used below and you can find the supplies for this card and many more on my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog.

Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:





No comments:

Post a Comment