Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Saturday, July 22, 2023

Life Is Better When You’re Crafting

Today’s card features the new Crafting With You Bundle.  This bundle includes 13 stamps and 21 dies that are perfect for all kinds of crafting inspired cards and projects.  The set includes crafts such as papercrafting, sewing, yarn work, painting, and needle work, it really has something for everyone.  With sentiments like, Sending You A Handmade Hug, You Inspire Me or how about with Love.  I couldn’t wait to play with this set. 

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Basic Gray and is cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  I added a layer of Bubble Bath cardstock (I love the way grays and pinks look together) that measured 4 x 5 ¼”.  I cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 3 ¾ x 5” and stamped my sentiment “Life is better when you’re crafting” (isn’t that the truth) onto the top right corner using Basic Gray Ink and then I embossed it with one of the Basics 3D Embossing Folders before adhering it to my card. 

The die cutting for this card was a bit intense but so much fun.  I started by working on my paper trimmer.  I cut it twice, one out of Basic Gray and once out of white.  I took the white layer and trimmed it to fit down inside of the gray layer (you can slide it in up under the cutting arm.  I also took a little scrap of Basic Black cardstock and just die cut the area with the cutting blade so it would show up more.  Once I had the white adhered to the black, I took a little piece of Basic White cardstock (about 1 x 1 ½”) and stamped it repeatedly with the flower stamp from the set using Bubble Bath ink and stuck it in to create my Designer Series Paper being cut.  I added it to my card with Dimensionals.  Next, I wanted to die cut the scissors (or as we call them in Stampin’ Up! Snips) and I knew I wanted the blade to be gray so I again cut the scissors twice, once in black and once in gray and cut off the blades from the gray and adhered them to the black pieces.  I assembled the two pieces of the scissors.  To replicate the area where the scissors join, I used one of the Classic Matt Dots and it was perfect.  I adhered the scissors/snips to my card and I was done.  I really love how this card turned out and I know it will be perfect for one of my crafty friends. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment