Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, July 31, 2023

Layering Leaves Technique Tuesday

Today’s card features the beautiful Layering Leaves stamp set that was inspired by Million Sales Achiever Rachel Tessman.  I have followed Rachel for a long time and I am always blown away by her creations.  So for this weeks Technique Tuesday I shared three ways to ink up stamps from the Layering Leaves stamp set. 

Here is what I came up with… 


 The card base is Garden Green cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.   I stamped one of the leaf images all over the front of the base using Garden Green ink.  To get the light look I wanted I stamped off on scrap paper once before stamping onto the cardstock.  Then I went to work creating my leaves.  To see the techniques, I used just click on the link below…

https://youtu.be/VSTgnE5sSSw

After coloring my leaves and rose buds using the techniques featured in the video as well as stamping others using Lemon Lime Twist and Garden Green ink, I punched them all out using the Bough Punch.  I also punched out 5 sets of the leaves from the Distressed Gold Specialty Paper.  I die cut one of the circles from the Stylish Shapes Dies out of Basic White cardstock and stamped the sentiment “hello” from the Layering Leaves stamp set onto it using Lemon Lime ink.  I layered my leaves to the back of the sentiment and added that to the center of my card base using Dimensionals. 

To complete the front of my card I added three of the Lemon Lime Gems from the Tinsel Gems Four-Pack.  For the inside I cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼” and stamped the little rose bud just like I did for the front onto one corner.  I added that same rose bud to the corner of my envelope and there you have it.  Quick, easy and beautiful!

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment