Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Thursday, July 20, 2023

Seasons of Chic Shells

Today’s card features the Seasons of Chic Stamp Set as well as the colors of Pool Party, Lost Lagoon (a returning favorite of mine) and Petal Pink.  It also showcases just a little of the Distressed Gold 12 x 12” Specialty Designer Series Paper.  I saw this technique featured on a card by Mary Knabe and I knew I wanted to give it a try myself.  So here is what I came up with…


The card base is Pool Party cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 1/2” and scored at 4 ¼” once this was cut and folded, I added a strip of the Distressed Gold 12 x 12” Specialty Paper that measured 1 ¼ x 5 ½” to the left side and sat it aside while I worked on the remainder of the card.

I cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 3 ¼ x 4 1/3” and stamped it using the neat brush stroke stamp from the set.  I started by stamping the center of the cardstock (this makes it easier to keep everything even) with Petal Pink ink, then I added Pool Party ink below and Lost Lagoon ink above the Petal Pink stamp.  (NOTE:  be sure to stamp off once onto scrap paper or your grid paper to keep the stamped image lighter when you stamp onto your cardstock).  Then I took the detailed stamp for the shell and using Crumb Cake ink I stamped it onto the card three times.  I took the shadowed stamp (for the inside of the shells) and inked them with Crumb Cake also but before adding them to the card I stamped them off one time on my grid paper (this keeps them from being too overwhelming with color).  Finally, I took the stamp that is just like ink blotches and using Crumb Cake ink stamped it randomly onto the paper three times. 

To finish up the card I mounted the Basic White Layer onto a layer of Lost Lagoon cardstock that measured 3 3/8 x 4 5/8” and then added that to a layer of Petal Pink that measured 3 5/8 x 4 7/8”.  I added Dimensionals to the back of this layer and added it to the center of my card base.  For my sentiment I stamped the sentiment “You are amazing beyond measure” onto a piece of Petal Pink cardstock that measured ¾ x 3” using Crumb Cake ink.  To get that little flag I used the Banner Pick A Punch but you could also just cut it with scissors. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment