Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, July 31, 2023

Earthen Textures Thank You

Today’s card features the beautiful Earthen Treasures Bundle and the Earthen Elegance Designer Series Paper.  I loved this set as soon as I saw it in the new Annual Catalog and believe me when I say it is even more impressive in person.  The Designer Series Paper is based off of actual pottery that one of the Stampin’ Up! Designers created.  I couldn’t wait to break it out and created with it.   

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Pretty Peacock cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼” (I am so happy Stampin’ Up! decided to bring this color back it is one of my all-time favorites).  Then I made a layer of Very Vanilla cardstock cut to 4 x 5 ¼” and embossed it using the Twisted Rope 3D Embossing Folder.  To this I added a piece of the beautiful Designer Series Paper that measured 3 x 5 ¼”.  

To decorate the front of my card I stamped the wheat from the stamp set onto Basic White cardstock using Wild Wheat ink and die cut it using the coordinating dies from the bundle.  I used the dies to do all of the other pieces as well.  I started with the big leaf/plant and die cut it out of Pretty Peacock cardstock, I then snipped the little bit that attached the leaves to one another.  There is a natural score line in the die so I just pinched the two sides up to create a 3D affect.  I die cut the other two pieces (a fern and some sticks) out of Wild Wheat and Copper Clay cardstock.  With those pieces done I moved onto the clay pots.  I die cut the larger of the two out of the designer series paper and added the trim piece which was cut out of Gold Foil.  Next, I die cut the top of the smaller pot out of the designer series paper and the bottom out of Copper Clay cardstock.  On the smaller pot I used one of the dies that does not cut but embosses lines and embossed the pot.  Once that was done, I just sponged some Copper Clay ink over it using a dauber.  Now to assemble.

I decided where I wanted my pots and starting with the smaller, I adhered the two pieces to the back side of the pot so I could attach it as one piece to my card.  For the larger of the two pots, I added Dimensionals so it stood up in front of the smaller pot.  I stuck my wheat and sticks down inside it and adhered them to the card front. 

To finish the card, I added my sentiment “Your thoughtfulness is much appreciated” which is also from the stamp set which was stamped onto a scrap of Very Vanilla cardstock using Pretty Peacock Ink and then die cut using the Stylish Shapes Dies (I don’t know what I would do without this die set I use it all the time).  I adhered that to the top of the larger pot and added a dimensional on the right side to keep it even across the card.  I added three of the Copper Clay dots from the 2023 – 2025 In Color Dots.  Finally, for the inside of the card I added a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock and stamped the sentiment “You always know just what to say and do” onto it using Pretty Peacock ink. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment