Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Technique Tuesday – Decorative Mask

Today’s card features the technique of coloring using a Decorative Mask.  This is something that I have wanted to share for sometime.  It is a great way to add color and interest to plain cardstock and turn it into beautiful patterned paper to use on cards or other projects.

Here is what I came up with…

 

The card base is Boho Blue cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 1/2” and scored at 4 ¼”.  I then added a layer of Lemon Lolly cardstock that measured 3 7/8 x 5 1/8”.  Next, I cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 3 5/8 x 4 7/8” and using one of the Foursquare Decorative Masks and Boho Blue Ink I colored it.  Here is a link to my YouTube video that shows you just how to do that…

Once I had my Basic White layer colored, I added it to the front of my card.  Next, I grabbled my Sending Smiles Stamp Set and Sending Dies and went to work on decorating the front of the card.  I die cut the shadow layer of the word “Sending” out of Boho Blue cardstock and the top layer out of Lemon Lolly cardstock and adhered them to one another.  Using some Mini Dimensionals I popped the word up on the top left corner of my card.  Then I using scraps of Basic White cardstock I stamped two of the flowers, one of the leaves and stems and the sentiment “SUNSHINE TO BRIGHTEN YOUR DAY” from the stamp set.  I used Boho Blue ink for the main part of the flower and Lemon Lolly ink for the center.  For my leaves and stem I used Garden Green ink and for my sentiment I used Boho Blue ink.  Once everything was stamped, I used the coordinating dies from the Sending Dies to cut them out.  I just arranged them on my card and adhered them using more of the Mini Dimensionals.

Who wouldn’t love to have a little sunshine sent their way?  I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment