Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, July 24, 2023

Sending Hugs

Today’s card features the new Layering Leaves Stamp Set which was inspired by Rachel Tessman a Million Dollar Sales Achiever and someone I have followed for years.  Rachels cards are always beautiful and I am not surprised that she inspired this beautiful stamp set that also happens to coordinate with the existing Bough Punch that many of us have had for years.  As soon as I saw this set I knew I wanted to create with it.

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Pretty Peacock (another favorite returning color) cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  I added a layer of Basic White cardstock that measures 3 5/8 x 4 7/8” and adhered that directly to the card base.  I cut another piece of the Pretty Peacock cardstock to 3 ½ x 4 ¾”. 

I started the decorating of this card by first stamping two of the boughs onto the top right and bottom left of my cardstock using Pretty Peacock ink for that tone-on-tone look.  Next, I sprinkled the little ink splotches from the stamp set all over again using the Pretty Peacock ink.  I stamped two of the boughs onto Basic White cardstock using Pretty Peacock ink and used the punch to punch them out.  Next, I punched out two large and one small bough from the Distressed Gold 12 x 12” Specialty Designer Series Paper and from Basic White cardstock. 

I began my layering by adding the larger gold boughs first one in the top left and one in the bottom right.  I then layered on my larger white boughs as shown in the photo.  I added in my stamped boughs and finally tucked in my small gold and white bough (this arrangement can be done in lots of different ways this is just what I thought looked good).  I stamped the sentiment “Sending HUGS” onto a piece of Basic White cardstock using Pretty Peacock ink and die cut it using one of the dies from the Something Fancy Dies and popped it up on my card using Dimensionals. 

For my final addition I added three of the gold pearls from the Festive Pearls and added this to the Basic White layer and then added the two of them to the card base popping them up with Dimensionals as well. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment