Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, December 6, 2021

Somebody’s Blessing

Sometimes there are products that I have looked at time and time again and I just can’t quite figure out what I want to do with them.  The Basic Border Dies were one of those for me.  I bought them some time ago and I just knew I really wanted them but I had not found the right project to use them.  Well, let me tell you once I made my first card using them I just can’t stop.  They add so much to your cards.  So, I was playing with them today and here is what I came up with…


When I saw this image from the Beautiful Moments stamp set, I knew I had to get the set.  This invoked some cherished memories of me playing with my little sister before I lost her (she was just 11).  I remember so many times when we would be at the lake and she would just want to build sand castles for hours.  I would love to say I was always patient but then I was a kid too and I just wanted to play in the water.  But I do remember as I got older and understood we would have a limited time with her I made time to make these memories and it is wonderful to share that love while designing cards (another of my great loves). 

The card base is Basic White cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  The second layer is Pacific Point cardstock and it was cut to 4 ¼ x 5 ½” and the right side was cut off using one of the Basic Border Dies. 

I stamped the image onto a piece of Basic White cardstock and colored it in using Stampin’ Blends (I will list the colors below).  I then used the Layering Circles Dies and die cut it.  I selected the next largest circle, this time one with a scalloped edge and die cut it out of Night of Navy cardstock.  I stamped the sentiment “You’re Somebody’s Blessing” onto another piece of Night of Navy cardstock using Versamark ink and then I added White Stampin’ Emboss Powder and embossed it using my Heat Tool.  I then die cut it using one of the dies from the Stitched Rectangles dies.  I popped up both the image and the sentiment on the card using Dimensionals.  Super easy card to create. 

I just wanted to add something here.  I use a lot of die cuts for my cards because, well I have them.  I want to remind new card makers that you can simply cut squares out instead of circles, if you want to layer just make the layer a 1/4" smaller than the first layer.  Things like this sentiment can be cut using a trimmer or scissors.   If you love to color but don't have the blends why not invest in a pack of the water color pencils (be sure to get the blending pen because it will make your coloring look much smoother) until you gather up the Stampin' Blends you want.  We all start somewhere and you don't have to own everything to make a card.  

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!
 
Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment