Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Let the DSP Work for You

I hate to admit it but I too have that issue of finding beautiful Designer Series Paper and then just not wanting to cut it up.  I had this beautiful Expressions In Ink Specialty Designer Series Paper for months.  I would get it out and look at it and then lovingly tuck it back in its plastic and put it away carefully.  Here is what it looks like…


Well, I decided enough is enough and I started cutting and oh as soon as I cut it down, I had card ideas just exploding in my head.  I love the lines of gold that flow through the marbleized colors on the papers.  This one is super simple and it was a lot of fun.  



The card base is Bermuda Bay cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  To that I added a piece of the DSP that measures 4 x 5 ¼”, it is so beautiful it does most of the work for you.  Then I stamped the sentiment from Biggest Wish Stamp Set, I stamped the large HELLO in Pear Pizzazz ink and then the work friend in Bermuda Bay ink right over top of it on a piece of Basic White cardstock.  I used one of the dies from the Tasteful Labels Dies to cut it out.  I also cut a second on out of Bermuda Bay cardstock.  To get the look I have here I simply took the Bermuda Bay die cut and cut it in half and then glued it behind the white leaving the same reveal on each side. 

I used the leaf die from the Artistic dies and cut it out of the one of the sheets of Gold from the Gold & Rose Gold Metallic Specialty Paper.  To adhere this to the card I used the Multipurpose Liquid Glue and poured some out onto my Silicone Craft Sheet.  Then I used a Dauber and added the glue to the back of the die cut.  This is a great way to handle those little tiny areas and be sure everything is well adhered.  Oh, and the best part is if you just let the glue dry on the silicone craft sheet it peels right off and it does that with hot glue and other adhesives.  So, once you have that adhered simply add your sentiment with some Dimensionals.  Simple, easy, clean and classic. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!! 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment