Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Friday, July 16, 2021

Hello Vellum Techniques

I decided today would be an excellent day to dust off some old techniques that I learned long ago and have not been using recently.  Many of these are trusted techniques that have stood the test of time.  I have discovered that some of the ladies in my classes have never seen these before while others sigh and wonder why they stopped using them.  I focused on two techniques in this card, one was different ways to use vellum and the other was using the Stampin’ Write Markers to color directly onto the stamps to get several colors on one stamp.

Here is what I came up with…


This card used two different techniques with the vellum.  So, let’s get started, the card base is the new Polished Pink cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  I then added a layer of Vellum that measures 4 x 5 ¼”, to add additional interest to the Vellum I used the Ornate Flowers 3D Embossing Folder to emboss it.  I am often asked how I add vellum to projects without the adhesive showing, well the best way I know to do that is to use the Multipurpose Liquid Glue and a sponge.  I put some of the glue on my handy dandy silicone mat (excess just wipes off when it dries) and use a piece of sponge.  I lightly sponge the glue all over the back of the vellum and because it is such a thin layer it is invisible once dry. 

I then used the second largest of the rectangle scalloped and stitched dies for the Stitched So Sweetly Dies to cut out my Basic White layer.  I added this to the center of my card with Dimensionals.  I then stamped the pretty flower from the stamp set in the Hand-Penned Petals Bundle onto a piece of 3 x 3” Vellum cardstock using VersaMark ink.  I added the White Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heat set it using my Heat Tool.  Once it was all set, I die cut it using the coordinating die from the bundle.

Now it was time to color my flowers.  I flipped my vellum over and colored from the back using Stampin’ Blend Alcohol markers (I used the dark of each of the colors listed below). I used that same sponge technique to add adhesive to this and attached it to my card.  I added a simple bow that was made from the Polished Pink Ribbon using a Mini Glue dot. 

For the inside of my card and my envelope I decided to show off another old but great technique.  This is where you use the Stampin’ Write Markers to color directly onto the stamp and then stamp.  This is a great way to add multipule colors to one stamp.  The stamp I used was a small flower from the Lovely You stamp set.  I used the Polished Pink and Pear Pizzazz markers to create this affect.  The inside of the card is a piece of Basic White cardstock that measures 4 x 5 ¼”.


While these may not be new techniques, they are new to many folks and it is nice to revisit the classics.  I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment