Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Thursday, July 15, 2021

Sweet as a Peach

It is that time of the year here in North Carolina, peach season.  Well, it just happens to be one of my favorite times of the year as I love all things peach.  This morning I got up and made my hubby a peach crumble (yep same as an apple I just discovered a few years ago that you can simply change out apples for peaches and he loves it).  So, while I was upstairs in my craft room smelling all peachy wonderful waft up the stairs, I decided it was time to pull out the Sweet as a Peach bundle and get to work.      

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Balmy Blue cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  I then cut a piece of the You’re a Peach Designer Series Paper (this one is on sale for 15% off through August 2, 2021) that measures 4 x 5 ¼” and I cut it using the largest of the scalloped rectangles from the Scalloped Contours Dies and centered it on the base. 

I then cut a Basic White layer that measured 2 ¾ x 4” using another of the scalloped dies from the same set, this one is also stitched.  I stamped the sentiments “You’re as” (top left) and “sweet as a peach” on the bottom right using Pear Pizzazz ink.  I popped this up on the bottom right of the card using Dimensionals.

For my focal point I stamped two peaches from the Sweet as a Peach bundle onto scraps of Pale Papaya cardstock using Pale Papaya and Calypso Coral ink (the way I got this two-tone look is I inked my peach stamp up with Pale Papaya ink and then using a Dauber I added Calypso Coral ink around the edges, I love the way it turned out).  Since the stamp has some natural areas where it inks more and less and with the daubed calypso coral ink it sure looks realistic.  To finish off my peaches I cut them out using the dies from the bundle and gave them a shine by brushing on Wink of Stella to give them that dew kissed look (impossible to capture in photos).  I then stamped two of the of the stems and leaves onto a scrap of Basic White cardstock and cut them out using the coordinating dies.  I attached the stems and leaves to the peaches and then added them to the white layer again using Dimensionals.

For the inside of the card and the envelope I stamped one of the small branches from the bundle in Pear Pizzazz ink and added the small peaches (I inked these the same way I did the larger ones to get that two-toned affect).  Here is how that turned out.  

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!! 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment