Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Thursday, July 22, 2021

Butterfly Dreams

I have been totally taken by this marbling technique using the Stampin’ Blend Alcohol Markers on Vellum and 91% Isopropyl alcohol.  I love the amazing affects you can achieve just my changing up the colors.  So today I decided to pair it up with a beautiful Gold Foil Butterfly from the Brilliant Wings Dies.      

Here is what I came up with…


I explained how to do the alcohol technique on my July 19, 2021 post so I will be skipping over that part today as the technique remains the same on each of these just the colors changes.

The card base is Misty Moonlight cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  I then created my technique layer.  I used only the dark Stampin’ Blend alcohol markers and the colors I used were Polished Pink, Daffodil Delight, Granny Apple Green and Bermuda Bay.  (This is done on the vellum).  I then attached that to a Polished Pink layer that measured 4 x 5 ¼”. 

Once that was all done, I set out to embellish my card.  I flicked a little Wink of Stella marker on the layer by simply tapping the brush against my finger.  Then I added some streaks of Liquid Adhesive and let them sit for a minute (this is for the veining affect) and then I added some Gilded Leafing.  I pressed it down into the glue good and let it sit for a few minutes.  I then rubbed off the excess leafing with my fingers and a good stiff stencil brush.  I stamped my sentiment onto a label that I had cut from Basic White cardstock from the Messages Dies (there are lots of shapes and sized in this die so I just keep some around in an empty stamp case and use them as I need them) from the Art Gallery stamp set using Misty Moonlight ink.  I then die cut one of the butterflies from the Brilliant Wings dies out of Gold Foil and added it using some Mini Dimensionals. 

I have really come to love this technique and I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!! 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment