Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Tuesday, July 20, 2021

A Hand Penned Hello

Today I wanted to make a very simple card to show that you don’t have to purchase a whole bunch of products just to make a cute card.  This card simply used paper, ink and a little ribbon, there were no dies or punches used, no fancy techniques just a paper trimmer and of course stamps.      

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Highland Heather cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  I cut three pieces of Daffodil Delight Cardstock to 1 3/8 x 3 7/8” and three pieces of the Hand-Penned Designer Series Paper (DSP) to 1 ¼ x 3 ¾” and mounted the DSP onto the Daffodil Delight.  I added each of the outside pieces on bringing them over ½” from the edge of the card and then I simply centered the third piece in between those two.

I stamped my sentiment “A LITTLE hello FROM me to you” from the Pansy Patch stamp set, onto a piece of Daffodil Delight cardstock that measured ½ x 4” using Highland Heather ink.  I cut a little off the end of the sentiment just to give it a little visual interest.  On the left of the sentiment, I added a simple bow that was created from the 3/8” Open Weave Soft Succulent Ribbon using a Mini Glue Dot and then I popped the whole thing up on the card using.

For the inside and envelope, I wanted to continue to keep my design simple and easy so I stamped the flowers from the Quite Meadow stamp set onto a piece of 4 x 5 ¼” Basic White cardstock and onto the envelope using the Highland Heather ink we used for the sentiment.


I hope you enjoy this card it is certainly perfect for using up small left-over pieces of Designer Series Paper and it is also perfect for making large batches of cards as it is so simple to create.  I certainly enjoyed making it for you.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment