Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Quite Curvy Meets Art Gallery

I asked some of my customers what sets they had that they had not yet used.  Maybe because they weren’t sure what to do with them, you know that age old question, why did I buy this? There were two sets that were discussed, one was the Celebrate Sunflowers bundle (she wanted some new ideas so I will be sharing it soon) and the other was Quite Curvy.  It would seem that several of the ladies had purchased this set but were a little unsure how to use the dies.  So, I promised to design something for February’s card club using the set.      

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Pool Party cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  I then cut a piece of the Fire Art Floral Designer Series Paper that measured 4 x 5 ¼”.  Next I cut two pieces of Basic White cardstock to 1 ¾ x 6” (that extra ¾ of an inch allows you to shift the Basic White layers to get the curvy you want).  I cut the Basic White pieces using one of the dies from the Curvy Bundle (the key to cutting is to know where the cutting edge it on the die and getting it as close to the edge of the paper as possible).  Once both pieces were cut, I attached them to my Designer Series Paper (this is where I used that extra length to align the two pieces the way I wanted them to look), once they were attached, I simply cut off the access with my scissors.  

I wrapped a piece of the Pool Party ribbon around the bottom of this layer and tied a bow.  Once that was completed, I went ahead and attached this layer to the card base.  Then I went to work on my floral element from the Art Gallery bundle.  I stamped the more solid base layer of the flower onto Basic White cardstock with Pool Party and then stamped the next layered image in Coastal Cabana.  For the stem and leaves I stamped them onto a piece of Basic White cardstock using Old Olive ink.  Once the flower and the stem and leaves were all stamped, I die cut them using the coordinating dies from the bundle.  I attached both the flower as well as the stem and leaves using Dimensionals (you could use any image you wanted here).  To complete the front of the card I added three of the Coastal Cabana gems from the Holiday Rhinestone Basic Jewels.

I decorated both the inside of the card and the envelope using the same stamp as shown here…



I stamped the vine and flowers using Memento ink and colored them in with Granny Apple Green and Balmy Blue Stampin’ Blends. 

I hope you enjoy this card; my ladies sure did and I am certain they are less intimidated by the bundle now.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment