Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Friday, February 26, 2021

Thanks A Bunch

It is always fun to try out a new technique.  This was one I had seen on Pinterest and really wanted to try.  I think the Celebrate Sunflowers stamp set is perfect for it.  It is a simple tone on tone card with white washing using blender pens.      

Here is what it looks like…


This is really a very simple technique that gives you a wow affect with little work.  Here is how I created it.  The card base is Night of Navy cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  I then cut a layer of Misty Moonlight cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼” and stamped the sunflowers from the Celebrate Sunflowers stamp set randomly on the layer with Night of Navy ink.  I then pressed one of my small clear blocks into my Whisper White Craft Stampin’ Pad and picked up some of the white ink onto the block.  I then used my blender pen to pick up that white ink and paint in different areas of the sunflowers.  I really found the whole technique to be quite calming.

Once I had the amount of white ink, I wanted on each of the flowers (be careful because it does dry darker) I went to work on my sentiment.  I stamped the sentiment “Thanks a Bunch” from the stamp set onto a scrap of Night of Navy cardstock using VersaMark Ink.  I then added White Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heat set it with my Heat Tool.  Once it was all done I simply fussy cut it out and added it to the front of my card using Mini Dimensionals. 

I hope you enjoy this card and the technique, I sure enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!! 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment