Featured Post

SENDING COMFORT AND STRENGHT

Today’s card features the Paper Florist Dies from the annual catalog along with the Masterfully Made Designer Series Paper.  I think these t...

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Masculine Card

I always struggle with masculine cards and many of my friends say the same thing.  Maybe it is because it is hard to do a card that is simple and classy.  You can always throw on some ribbons and bows and make a card pop but with cards for men that is not the case.  Well I love this new stamp set because it is finally something I feel is simple and classy enough that it doesn't require a bunch of embellishment which makes it great for masculine cards.  Here is the first of several cards I intend to make with this set...


This card was inspired by one I saw on pinterest (it just said pinned by pinner so if it is yours let me know so I can credit you).  I kept it pretty simple and straight forward.  (Cutting instructions to follow).  One thing that made this card was the B&T (background and texture) paper from the Seaside paper pack, the rough wood look of the blue paper was perfect.  I also used simple kraft paper which lent itself nicely to this project.  I stamped the image of the lighthouse and the fence using dessert sand ink.  You will notice some light blue down the lighthouse and off in the distance (to give the illusion of the ocean out there), I achieved this by using a watercolor pen (it is a pen you fill with water).  I simply swiped my ink pad onto one of my acrylic blocks and dipped the pen into the ink and started painting, adding more as needed.  I loved the watercolor affect I achieved.  So here is a list of supplies and cutting information.  All supplies (except the watercolor pen) are available on my website at www.craftwithronnie.ctmh.com or by clicking the shopping cart at the top of this blog.  Happy Crafting!!!



D1609 – Seaside Greetings

Seaside paper pack (X7192) cut to 5 x 3 ¾”

Daisy white cardstock (1385) cut to 3 ¼ x 3 ¼”

Kraft cardstock (Z1375) cut to 3 ½ x 3 ½” and 4 x 5 ¼”

White card base and envelope (X254)

Inks – Glacier  (Z2641) and Dessert Sand (Z2118)

Watercolor pen


No comments:

Post a Comment