Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, October 13, 2014

Getting in the Holiday Spirt


My mother-in-law just loves Cardinals and this card was so quick and easy.  I started with the To You and Yours stamp set, I ordered it because I loved the cardinal but also because it had some great holly leaves and berries and some cute sentiments.



Next I selected my paper colors, I decided on Ruby and Olive.  Add some white and you have some great holiday colors.  I stamped the cardinal on a piece of White Daisy cardstock that was cut to 3 x 3" using Black Memento ink (because I wanted to color in the image with my markers and it doesn't bleed).  I used several of my Spectrum Noir markers (whatever markers are your favorite is fine) and began blending the colors.  When I was finished I mounted that piece onto a piece of Ruby cardstock that measured 3 1/4 x 3 1/4" and that was then mounted onto a piece of Olive cardstock that measured 3 1/2 x 3 1/2".  Next I took a piece of the Daisy White cardstock that measured 1 3/4 x 5" and ran it through the Damask embossing folder.  The entire project was then mounted onto a card base made from a piece of Ruby cardstock that measured 5 1/2 x 8 1/2" folded to make a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2" card.   


For the inside of the card I used a piece of white bond paper that measured 4 x 5 1/4, stamped the holy leaves and berries in the bottom left corner (did the same on the envelope) and colored them in using my markers.  Finally, I stamped the Love and joy to you and yours sentiment from the stamp set with Ruby ink.  I am very happy with the results and it really was quite easy.  All the supplies to make this card can be purchased from my website at www.craftwithronnie.ctmh.com or by clicking on the shopping cart at the top of this blog.  Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:

Stamp set "To You and Yours" (B1403)
Damask Embossing Folder (Z1927)
Ruby Ink (Z2170)
Ruby cardstock (X5927)
Olive cardstock (1245)
White Daisy cardstock (1385)




No comments:

Post a Comment