Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Friday, June 26, 2020

Strip Card


We all have those little pieces of Designer Series Paper laying around from projects.  We really hate to throw them away but how small a piece should you save?  Well, today I am going to show you a card I made using strips of leftover paper that measure just ¾” wide.  I picked two coordinating papers (remember they are 2 sided papers so that gives you 4 designs to work with) I am working with the Ornate Garden Specialty Designer Paper here.

Here is a photo of the card I created using these strips…



The card base is Calypso Coral cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  I then added a layer of Bumble Bee cardstock that measured 4 x 5 ¼”.  Next, I cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock to 3 ¾ x 5”, this is the base for my strips.  I started by laying two long strips of the DSP across the card diagonally leaving about 1/16” between the strips so the whisper white shows through (just let the excess hang of this layer, it is easier just to trim everything down once you have all your strips adhered).  Then I took strips and started laying them off each of the two large horizonal strips until my card front was complete.  Once everything was in place, I trimmed the strips and adhered this layer onto my card. 

I stamped my sentiment which is from the Ornate Thanks stamp set onto a piece of Whisper White cardstock using Early Espresso ink that I had die cut using the Ornate Layers Dies.  I mounted that onto a piece of Bubble Bee cardstock that measured 1 ¼ x 4 ¼” and popped that up on the front of the card using Dimensionals.  I added three gems from the Gilded Gems embellishments that coordinate with this suite and a bow created from one of the ribbons in the Ornate Garden Ribbon Combo Pack.  I love how the card turned out and the best part is I used scraps to create it.

I hope you enjoy this card.  I will list the supplies I used below and you can find the supplies for this card and many more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog.

Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:


No comments:

Post a Comment