Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Celebrate Sunflowers


For today’s post I decided to create using the new Celebrate Sunflowers stamp and die bundle the Flowers for Every Season Designer series paper.  I also played around with some of the new 2020 – 2022 In Color cardstock.  

Here is what I came up with…



The card base was made using the new Bumble Bee cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  I then added a layer of the new Just Jade cardstock that measured 3 ¼ x 5 ½” and was centered on the card front.  I also added a layer of the new Flowers for Every Season DSP that measured 2 7/8 x 5 ½” and that was centered onto the Just Jade layer. 

I then die cut the base of the flower (I am using the Celebrate Sunflowers Stamp and Die Bundle, remember when you order them as a bundle you save 10% on each of them) from So Saffron cardstock and inked the outside edges with Bumble Bee ink.  I then cut the top layer of the flower from Bumble Bee cardstock (to add dimension I used my bone folder to curl the petals of this layer up just a bit).  I die cut the center of the sunflower out of the new Cinnamon Cider cardstock and inked the edges of it with Cinnamon Cider ink.  I then stamped two of the leaves onto Whisper White cardstock using Just Jade ink and die cut them.  To add some extra color, I just brushed water colored some Just Jade ink onto the flower with my Water Painters (just stamp a little ink onto an acrylic block and add a little water to thin it for painting, don’t go to dark or heavy), I added a little curve to my leaves using my bonefolder to make them look more interesting.  I then stamped my sentiment (also from the bundle) onto a piece of Just Jade cardstock that measured 4 x 1” using, Tuxedo Black Memento ink and I cut one end using the new Lovely Labels Pick a Punch.  I added the flower, leaves and sentiment onto the card using dimensionals. 

I hope you enjoy this card.  I will list the supplies I used below and you can find the supplies for this card and many more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog.

Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:

No comments:

Post a Comment