Featured Post

SENDING COMFORT AND STRENGHT

Today’s card features the Paper Florist Dies from the annual catalog along with the Masterfully Made Designer Series Paper.  I think these t...

Friday, January 3, 2014

I am a little behind on posting because of the holidays but here are two new Valentine Cards I made last week while enjoying a scrapping day with two of my best friends.  Hope you like them.

First the patchwork card.


This card was a little time consuming but the result was beautiful.  I started with a red card base that measures 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".  I then selected 6 different papers and cut each into 1/2" x 6" strips.  I glued these onto a base of cardstock that measured 3 3/4" x 5" and then when dry I turned the cardstock and cut strips 1/2' wide to make the effect of the patchwork.  I then glued these to another 3 3/4" x 5" piece of cardstock, making sure to move the strips up and down to ensure the same paper pattern was never side by side.  I then mounted this onto the card base.  I then used my Artiste Cricut Cartridge from Close to My Heart to cut the heart shape for the sentiment and stamped it with the "Love Everyday Life" stamp from Close to My Heart and attached that using dimensional foam dots for a 3-D effect. 

Next card was another starburst card (find the directions on how to make the starburst on the post dated November 29, 2013)


Again I used the same card base, added the starburst and made the same 3-D heart with love using all the supplies mentioned previously. 

I hope this shows you how versatile one stamp can be just changing up technics


Happy New Year and happy Crafting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment