Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Clean and Simple using Red, White and Black


After all the work I put into the Exploding Box Card I was looking forward to making a few CAS (clean and simple) cards.  I decided to go with black and white and then add in one other color, todays pick was red in honor of  Valentine’s Day.


For this first card I used a standard red card base.  I then used an embossing folder (floral) and embossed the black cardstock.  I added a cute strip of patterned paper and a flower I stamped using the You Only Live Once hostess stamp set and the sentiment from Holiday Tags from Close to My Heart.  The ovals for the stamp and the red background were cut using the Artiste Cricut Cartridge also from Close to My Heart


For this one I started with that same standard red card base, I then added some of that cute patterned paper (can’t remember where I got that).  I then used a different embossing folder and embossed the black cardstock and wrapped it with a red bow.  Added the same sentiment I used above (made with the same stamps and cartridge).

 

Now here is the last one for today and by far my favorite.


This time I started with a standard black card base.  I again used an embossing folder to emboss my red cardstock.  For the sentiment tag I again used my Holiday Tags stamp set and Artiste Cricut cartridge from Close to my Heart.  I  made my own white and black patterned paper this time using white cardstock and stamping it with my Swirls Around Stamp set also from Close to My Heart.  The little lady bug is the perfect topper.  She is made using a small round punch and a medium scalloped punch (mine are from Recollections).  Punch the head and body from black (one small round and one scalloped).  Punch two red scalloped circles, cut in half, mount on body (spreading wings as you go) using dimensionals in between layers.  Add two small pieces of black metal curled for antennae (I use stuff from the jewelry making isle) and finish with black rhinestone’s. 

This was a fun and easy project.  Watch for the new Spring/Summer Close to My Heart Idea Book which previews on February 1st.  Lots of great new products.  Keep on crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment