Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, January 20, 2014

Everyone needs a Thank You Card


Today I decided to play around with the concept of stamping as a background.  I really like how this came out.  So here is how it is made
Cutting instructions:

Avonlea B&T Patterned paper is cut to 1 ¼ x 5 ½”

Chocolate paper is cut to 2 3/8  x 5 ¼”

Smokey Plum paper is cut to 3 ½ x 2 ½”

Champaign paper is cut to 8 x 5 ½” (to make card base) and to 3 ¼ x 2 1/4”

Sheer silver ribbon is cut to 20”

 
Start by folding 8 x 5 ½ champagne card stock in half to make card base of 4 x 5 1/2”
  1. Adhere patterned paper to left side of card base (leaving 1/8” of card base showing.
  2. Stamp words or other background of choice using the same ink color as paper color (I used chocolate) so the words or image is just visible.
  3. Tie a ribbon around chocolate cardstock forming a bow in the upper right corner.
  4. Center the chocolate paper on the card base (leaving 1/8” at top and bottom and evenly against the patterned paper and adhere.
  5. Stamp sentiment of choice onto champagne cardstock, mount this onto the smokey plum cardstock and add a rhinestone to upper left of sentiment.
  6. Mount sentiment onto card using 3D foam tape.

 

Products used:

 

Papers were all Close to My Heart, Avonlea B&T, Chocolate, Smokey Plum and Champaign cardstock

 

Inks were Close to My Heart Chocolate and Slate

 

Ribbon was Celebrate It 360 silver sheer ribbon

 

Stamp set was C1527, Avonlea Cardmaking Workshop Flair

No comments:

Post a Comment