Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Thursday, January 9, 2014

EXPLODING BOX CARD


Ok as part of my New Year’s Resolution I promised myself I would step out of my comfort zone and try new challenges.  I had seen these exploding card boxes all over Facebook and Pinterest but they looked so complicated I was afraid to try one.  Well I was looking up something for a client on the Close to My Heart Artiste Circuit cartridge and low and behold I discovered the box and lid were a 3D object on the cartridge, no measuring and gluing, just push a couple of buttons, how easy is that.  It is the 3D object on page 48.  I cut the outside layer and lid at 3”, the next layer at 2 ½” and the next at 2”.  Now I needed to decorate it so I decided to challenge myself a little more and make the decorations using the same cartridge.  The roses are cut using Accent 2 from page 54 and the leaves were cut using shift 3D Object from that same page.  Since this is going to be for my Mother-In-Law for Mother’s Day and she loves butterflies I finished with that.  The box was not hard to make but it was time consuming, I think I probably worked on it for about 8 hours total (first time I did this technique and we all know that it always takes twice as long the first time, LOL).  Hope this inspires you to try something new.  The cartridge is available on my website at www.craftwithronnie.ctmh.com.  Check out these pictures and Happy Crafting!!!!

            

1 comment:

  1. what an awesome gift, I bet your mother inlaw will love it. Thanks for sharing I had no idea that was on the artiste

    ReplyDelete