Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, November 7, 2022

Splendid Thoughts

Today’s card was created using the Splendid Thoughts Bundle and the Splendid Day Specialty Designer Series Paper from the 2022 – 2023 Annual Catalog.  I like the simplicity of this card and even went so far as to design it without any sentiment on the front of the card.  The nice part of doing cards like this is you can easily stamp an nice sentiment on the inside and this card can be anything from a Birthday card to a Sympathy card, whatever you need then.  I like keeping a nice little stock pile of these kind of cards that I can grab and do some simple stamping and get sent off right away when something comes up. 

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Gray Granite cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 1/2” and scored at 4 ¼”.  I cut a layer of Basic White cardstock to 5 x 3 ¾” and adhered a layer of the beautiful Splendid Day Specialty Paper (there are some amazing foils in this package) that measured 3 5/8 x 4 7/8” on top of it.  Next, I took a piece of the Basic White cardstock that measured 1 ¾ x 3 5/8” and I stamped it all over with one of the stamps from the Splendid Thoughts Bundle (this stamp is used to stamp the inside of one of the foliage stamps but it makes an awesome background stamp) using Soft Sea Foam Ink.  I mounted this piece onto a piece of the Gray Granite cardstock that measured 1 7/8 x 3 5/8” and I adhered that to the left side of my card front. 

I used a scrap of Basic White cardstock and stamped my foliage piece also from the bundle onto it using Smoky Slate Ink and I die cut it out using the coordinating die from the bundle.  I colored it in with the Soft Seafoam Stampin’ Blends and added some Wink of Stella to give it a little pop.  I adhered that to the center of the piece I had previously stamped using Dimensionals.  To finish the front of the card I added a little double bow I made using the Linen Thread and a Mini Glue Dot.  For the inside of the card and the envelope I stamped and colored the foliage piece just like I did on the front of the card. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment