Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Friday, November 4, 2022

Hidden Latch Card

Today’s card is a Hidden Latch card and it was made using the beautfiul new Fitting Florets Collection.  I am really loving working with this collection which is an early release from the January – December Mini Catalog.  While the Frmamed Florets Bundle is going to carry into the new mini catalog the Framed & Festive Stamp Set (with holiday sentiments), the Gold Adhesive-Backed Swirls and the Designer Series Papers are only available for a limited time (until January 4th while supplies last) so be sure to order right way if you want any of these so you don’t miss out.  So I thought this collection was a perfect one to use for a Hidden Latch Card. 

Here is what I came up with…

The card base is Balmy Blue cut to 5 ½ x 8 1/2” and scored at 2 1/8 and 6 3/8” to create a gate fold.  Once I had my card base, I went ahead and cut my latch which is 1 ¼” x 3 ½” scored at ½”.  I attached my latch to the center of the right side of the card lining it up with the scored edge and attaching.  I then cut my Designer Series Papers from the Fitting Florets pack, I chose to use the small florals on the left side of the card front and also on the latch on the right side.  These pieces were cut at 2 x 5 3/8” and 1 1/8 x 2 ¾”, once cut go ahead and attach.  I cut a second piece of the Designer Series Paper to 2 x 5 3/8” and attached it to the right side of the card (this hides the latch mechanism). 

To decorate my card, I stamped the two floral stamps from the Framed Florets Bundle onto scraps of Basic White cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento ink and colored them using the Stampin’ Blends listed below.  Once they were all colored, I cut them out using the coordinating dies from the bundle.  I die cut the largest of the frames from the dies out of Basic White cardstock so I could get the inside oval (hold onto that white frame because you can use it on other projects.  I stamped my sentiment “For a special person on a special day” (also from the bundle) onto the center of my white oval using Polished Pink ink.  Next, I die cut the smaller frame from Balmy Blue cardstock and used the frame to frame up my oval sentiment (again save that inside oval for a future project, maybe even paired up with the white frame left from earlier).  Once my sentiment was all framed up, I attached the florals that I had already created and added my oval to my card front using Dimensionals. 

IMPORTANT:  Be sure to only attach the left side of the sentiment oval to the left front side of the gatefold or your card will not open also the “latch” is long enough to tuck in under the oval and over the gatefold to seal the card down so be sure the Dimensionals are not in the way of that function.

For my final embellishments I added three of the Gold Adhesive-Backed Swirls (love these guys as they don’t stick way up and make mailing easier) and I colored over all my flowers with Wink of Stella just to add some shimmer. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed working with this new collection.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment