Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Thursday, November 3, 2022

Angled Gate Fold Card

I love the new Fitting Florets Collection and I have been wanting to try one of the Angled Gate Fold cards that I am seeing all over Pinterest and Youtube for a long time but just couldn’t get it right.  So after watching Rachel Tessman, a fellow demonstrators video who showed a different way to create the card I decided to give it a whirl and I am loving how it turned out.  One bit of advice I would give is do what I did and use some old cardstock to make yourself a template first.  This card is not hard but with a template it will now be super fast to replicate (plus if you mess up it is not with something you are going to be upset to lose. 

Here is the card I made…

The card base is Evening Evergreen and it is cut to 5 ½ x 11” and scored at 3 3/8” and 7 5/8”.  See below


Next it is time to create that Angled Gate Fold on our card base.  This is done by measuring down 1” from the top on both sides and in 1” from the outside on each side and cutting along the intersecting lines (keep those little triangle pieces they are going to help us later).  See below

Here it is all cut (keep this template for future cards it really makes the process much faster) …

Now it is time to add our Designer Series Paper (the pink cardstock is just a template piece but once it is all cut, I will store it with the base template so I can recreate this card fast without a bunch of measuring), I chose to use the Fitting Florets 12 x 12” Designer Series Paper because I just love it (remember this paper is available for a limited time until January 4th while supplies last).  Now, cut two pieces of the Designer Series Paper to 3 1/8" x 5 ¼” and decide which side you want on each side of the card so you know how to cut them.  Using the triangle pieces, we saved from the card base (this keeps the reveal around the DSP perfect, thank you so much Rachel for the tip as that was one of the things that didn’t make sense to me before I watched your video but now everything lines up perfectly) line them up and trace them onto your Designer Series Paper, cut and you can adhere them.  See below

  

Once this is done, we just have to decorate.  For the inside of the card, I chose to add a piece of Basic White cardstock that measured 4 x 5 ¼”.  I added a strip of another of the pieces of DSP that measured 1 x 4” (just to give my card a finished look when closed).  For the outside I cut an oval using the Framed Florets Dies out of Basic White cardstock and stamped the sentiment “Wishes for a beautiful birthday” from the coordinating stamp set in the bundle called Framed Florets Stamp set using Night of Navy ink.  I cut two of the larger of the left stems from one of the coordinating dies out of Night of Navy cardstock and one from Gold Foil.  I did cut the gold foil stem in half too use it on both the top and bottom of my oval.  I die cut one of the flowers from the Designer Series Paper (I love that this collection has two dies that will cut florals directly from the paper) and popped it up using Dimensionals where the leaf stems meet.  I added a brush of Wink of Stella to my flower and three of the coordinating Gold Adhesive-Backed Swirls. 

I love this card and am glad I finally saw a good video on how to make one because it was way easier than I was making it, LOL.  I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment